Thursday, 25 April 2013

Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Friday, 19 April 2013

Another lunchtime substrata sketch. Need to drop the weird rib fins - it's breaking the silhouette. Might just have the rib bones framing the open wound around the chest. Should work better I think.

Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Monday, 15 April 2013


Haven't felt inspired for quite a while, but Oblivion got my creative juices flowing. Started it at lunch, took it home to finish it.

Sunday, 14 April 2013


I've reached a point now where I am happy with the form and proportions in 3D and I am going to begin painting over it. Here is a very quick and dirty paintover just to establish color schemes and toy with details. There are a few details I like already which I will carry through, but there is a lot left to do.

As you can see I have decided to go back to an internal cockpit. Again I am not entirely certain if these will be possible in StarCitizen, but in the interest of making the design look cool and maintaining a sleeker silhouette I have removed the canopy for now.

Wednesday, 10 April 2013


Submachine gun design for planetside 2. Apparently they had considered introducing player made content at some point so I thought I would give it a go. Below you can find WIPs at different stages of the design, with the final at the top.


At this stage I had a design I was happy with and honed a few of the details in a paintover stage, giving it texture and weathering. There are a few little niggly things I might change yet, the front handle has a little notch poking backwards that I might remove. The magazine is also quite large as I didn't know what calibre ammunition would be used in SMGs in Planetside so I just stuck to the default size, I might replace it with the new SMG calibre that was introduced recently.


The ergonomics of the initial design were way off, being far to long with the fixed butt-stock... so I added an adjustable stock and shortened it quite a bit. I also lengthened the handle/ sight bar quite a bit to carry along the entire body, which I felt instantly made the silo much stronger. Above is a render test of the design from a few angles.


This was the original design. Did the side concept stage in a lunchtime or two. Then took it home after work and modelled it up.

Monday, 1 April 2013



I seem to have lost a little bit of the lightweight sleekness of the earlier build but I think it still looks OK... still a lot of tinkering to do yet though, so always room to change it.

I just love the way the engines on the SU-27 hang down and ever so slightly sweep outwards. So I've included that little design touch in the main thrusters.

I've updated the components list to more accurately reflect those described in some of the RSI updates.